The entire Amazon region of Peru is fast becoming one of the most desired tourist destinations for young adventurers. And it is not surprising, since it is one of the destinations that offer incredible biodiversity added to infinite adventure options surrounded by dreamy natural settings. Covering more than half of the Andean country, the Peruvian Amazon can be divided into three different areas: the northern, central, and southern jungle. Each of these areas has unique attractions and activities that will make your jungle experience unique. For this reason, together with the travel experts of Gay Peru Travel, we have prepared a small article about how to visit the Peruvian Amazon. We will try to guide you a bit on how to start your first adventure in the remote jungle.
Visiting the Peruvian Amazon the right way: Tips and Recommendations
- How to visit the Peruvian Amazon?
- Tour the Peruvian Amazon in a luxury cruise
- Activities for nature lovers
- Wildlife spotting
- The best time to visit the Peruvian Amazon
HOW TO VISIT THE PERUVIAN AMAZON?
It is very normal to wonder how to start organizing an adventure within the Peruvian Amazon. Unlike other destinations within Peru, the Amazonia is one of the most remote, inaccessible, and extensive places in the country. And because of this, it is common to have doubts about how to start planning your next trip to the jungle. Fortunately, you will find numerous options to choose from, you may even have the opportunity to tailor the trip to suit your expectations.
- If you are looking to know the southern jungle area, the Imperial City can be a great base to undertake new adventures in the surroundings of Puerto Maldonado. In the different Cusco to Amazon tours, they seek to combine these two great destinations thanks to their proximity. The capital of Madre de Dios, Puerto Maldonado, is the gateway to most adventures in the jungle. You can visit beautiful places such as the Tambopata National Reserve or visit one of the indigenous tribes that live in relative isolation.
- Now, if your goal is to get to know the central Peruvian Amazon, you can start your journey to the Chanchamayo Valley from the Peruvian capital, Lima. Places like the city of La Merced or the nearby city of Satipo are great destinations where you can start to get to know the region and its surroundings. The entire region has marked trails and numerous protected areas where you can see lots of animals.
- The northern Peruvian Amazon is the only part of the jungle where you can travel the Amazon River and not one of its tributaries. Within the region, you will be able to spot some unique specimens of wildlife that you will not find in the southern and central regions. The main access point is the bustling city of Iquitos. It is the largest city in the world inaccessible by road; You can only get to it by plane or boat.
TOUR THE PERUVIAN AMAZON IN A LUXURY CRUISE
One of the best possibilities to enjoy the Peruvian Amazon is through a luxurious all-inclusive cruise. You will be able to enjoy one of the most exclusive and unspoiled areas of the Amazon aboard a luxury cruise ship with all the comforts you would expect from a 5-star hotel. The cruises cross one of the most exclusive landscapes in the Amazon, the Pacaya-Samiria Reserve, where you can enjoy numerous activities and outdoor tours surrounded by surprising scenery. Without a doubt, being able to enjoy these cruises is one of the best romantic ideas to enjoy with your partner.
ACTIVITIES FOR NATURE LOVERS
One of the benefits of vacationing within the Peruvian Amazon is that you will find endless outdoor activities. Whether you are with the whole family or with your partner, you will find several ways to have fun. You can enjoy visits to rescue centers, fishing, swimming with dolphins, meeting renowned shamans of the jungle, and even participating in the ancient ceremonies. As for the Peru trip cost, you don’t have to worry about anything, most of the activities are quite accessible or are included in the tours.
If you are looking to spot the numerous wildlife within the jungle, you may be surprised that the regions around cities or towns are not usually full of birds, monkeys, and other animals. This happens because a large part of the rainforest that you can walk through has been disrupted by human activity long ago. Therefore, the creatures have moved away to other areas, leaving only those more tolerant to the passage of man. If you are looking for a better chance to witness the wildlife, it is best to head to the regions further away from bustling cities. The remote Manu National Park and the Tambopata National Reserve are special destinations for sightings. Within our tours in Peru, we offer the possibility of touring these reserves and parks.
BEST TIME TO VISIT THE PERUVIAN AMAZON
Keep in mind that the climate of Peru is made up of 2 very marked seasons. From January to March, it is the rainy season, which can make your trip through the Amazon difficult due to the continuous rains and mud. The best time to tour the Amazon is from April to December, during the dry season. During these months you can better enjoy couple vacations in the remote jungle.
Bear in mind that tourism initiatives within Amazon are one of the best ways to protect the jungle by providing work for the local population and communities. For this reason, in our Peru travel tips, we recommend that you choose a renowned tourist operator or agency.
«TO WALK THE AMAZON BY NIGHT IS TO ENTER A WORLD WHERE YOU ARE GRAVELY DISADVANTAGED COMPARED TO MILLIONS OF SENSORY SAVANTS»
We hope together with Gay Peru Travel to have encouraged your next visit to the Peruvian Amazon. You can enjoy numerous activities around the reserves and cities. So, what are you waiting for? Start organizing one of the best tours available in the Andean country.